Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Flavorful KC Masterpiece® barbecue sauce takes this slow cooker recipe to a new level.SEE THE RECIPE
The results are in, the people have spoken, and it’s finally officially official: Hamburgers are good. (Was there ever any doubt?)
The highly scientific polling data from our Team Hot Dog vs. Team Burger sweepstakes showed the following results: 41 percent in favor of Team Hot Dog, and 59 percent for Team Burger. Well done, burgers!
To celebrate the beefy, bunny magnificence of the hamburger, here are some facts you probably didn’t know – even you burger super fans.
1. Sixty percent of sandwiches sold globally are burgers. That’s, like, a lot.
2. Americans eat three hamburgers a week, on average. That seems low to us. Does that seem low to you?
3. A hamburger smothered in red or green chile is called a slopper. Huh. The more you know.
4. The hamburger first gained popularity – lots and lots of popularity – after the St. Louis World’s Fair in 1904. Back when fair food was simple. Can we go back in time?
5. The word “hamburger” comes from Hamburg, Germany, famous for its Hamburg steaks. Danke, Hamburg!
6. During World War I, Americans called hamburgers “Liberty Sandwiches” as a way to protest German aggression. What’s in a name anyway? As long as it has two buns and a burger.
7. The International Hamburger Hall of Fame is in Seymour, Wisconsin. Road trip, anyone?
8. The world record for largest hamburger was a whopping 10 feet in diameter and weighed more than 2,000 pounds. But it wasn’t on a Ball Park® Bun so it was basically all for nothing.
9. May 28 is National Hamburger Day, one of the best days of the year. Mark your calendars, burger fans.
10. Ball Park® is America’s favorite bun. No burger is complete without it.
Sign up for email updates
with coupons, recipes and more
Thanks for reaching out, we're looking forward to hearing from you!
Please click the button below to begin chatting.Begin Chatting
Thanks for reaching out!
Unfortunately, our chat feature is currently unavailable.
Please try again during the times listed below.
Available M-F 8AM-8PM EST