Egg, Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
Breakfast in a hamburger bun? Why not! This recipe has all the usual suspects – eggs, sausage, cheese – plus a little spice to kick your morning into high gear.
- 4 Ball Park® Hamburger Buns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 4 sausage patties
- 4 slices of Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup arugula, divided evenly into four servings
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and toast until golden brown.
- Cook sausage patties in a skillet over medium heat until brown.
- While preparing sausage, whisk the eggs together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- In a clean saute pan add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and scramble the eggs till cooked throughout.
- Combine Sriracha sauce and mayonnaise and spread on each side of the buns.
- Place a sausage patty onto the four bottom buns. For each sandwich, top sausage with eggs, cheese and arugula.
- Serve while warm.