We’re leveling up the traditional sloppy joe with the addition of ranch coleslaw for a symphony of messy deliciousness. Yeah, you’re gonna need a bigger napkin.
Tip: Use toasted Tailgaters Gourmet Hamburger Buns to hold up to this hearty sandwich.
- 4 Ball Park® Tailgaters Gourmet Buns
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ranch coleslaw (recipe below)
- Dill pickle slices (optional)
- Ranch Coleslaw Recipe
- 1 cup cabbage slaw mix
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large skillet, saute beef on medium heat until brown and cooked through.
- Add in onions, garlic, carrots and red bell peppers and cook for 8 -10 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- While vegetables are cooking, combine tomato sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the tomato sauce mixture to saute pan and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To make the ranch coleslaw, combine ranch dressing and vinegar in a medium bowl.
- Fold in slaw mix and set aside.
- Toast buns in oven until golden brown.
- Place pickles, if desired, on bottom bun. Add sloppy joe mix and top with ranch coleslaw, if desired.