Zesty Black & Blue Burger
Sharp blue cheese meets spicy Cajun seasoning in this flavorful hamburger recipe. Don’t forget to give yourself enough time to let the blackening spice really meld with the patties before throwing them on the grill.
- 8 Ball Park® Hamburger Buns
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 ounces of Danish blue cheese (crumbled)
- Blackening spice:
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon crushed red peppers
- 2 teaspoons fresh black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and stir in Worcestershire sauce, bacon, green onion, garlic, and blue cheese.
- In a large bowl, mix beef and egg mixture with a fork.
- Shape into eight burger patties.
- Whisk blackening spice ingredients together and dust onto patties. Be sure to lightly rub the blackening spice onto each side and let rest in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Place burgers on the grill and cook to desired temperature.
- Once cooked, place each burger into a warmed bun and add your favorite toppings.